Biscuit Topped Stew
- 1/2 basic beef mixture ( Calaveras Cowgirl Ground Beef or Stew Meat!)
- 1 cup cooked peas and carrots (acorn squash is Amanda’s favorite to add in)
- 1 cup buttermilk biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
1. Mix beef of choice to vegetables into a 1 quart casserole pan ( Amanda likes to use a dutch oven).
2. In a small bowl toss together biscuit mix and cheese.
3. Add milk and combine with fork just until blended.
4. Form into balls. On a lightly floured surface roll to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with 2 inch biscuit cutter. Cut each circle in half.
5. Arrange 10 semi-circles around the ends of casserole pan or dutch oven.
Note: you can always bake more biscuits separately or put them in the freezer for your next hearty meal!)
6. Place in a preheat oven at 450 degrees over for 8-10 mins or until biscuits are golden brown.