Oven Roasted Beef Brisket
Make dinnertime more memorable with the best oven roasted beef brisket. This main dish is a delightful treat to warm up with during the week.
- 4 lbs boneless point half beef brisket
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce or tamari
- Place beef in a large rectangular dish or bowl.
- Make several small cuts into the brisket using a paring knife to allow spice rub to penetrate the meat.
- In a small bowl, stir together garlic, paprika, ground coriander, onion powder, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper. Rub the brisket with the spice mixture on all sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, remove brisket from bowl and add to the pan. Sear on all sides, about 3-4 minutes per side, until browned.
- Transfer to a large rectangular baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together beef stock and soy sauce until combined. Pour into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Roast for 2 hours and 30 minutes to 2 hours and 45 minutes, until cooked through. The meat should have an internal temperature of at least 180˚F, as indicated by a meat thermometer.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 1 hour, loosely covered in foil. Slice and serve with juices from the baking pan.